snowguide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

snowguide για τα βουνα,τα χιονοδρομικα και εναλλακτικος τουρισμος στη φυση

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
www.snowguide.gr

Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snowkite
snowkite

Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE Empty
PostSubject: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 08:44

Back to top Go down
snowkite
snowkite

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05 2009, 08:47

http://www.vimeo.com/6819716

Και κάτι από Ελλάδα
Back to top Go down
Ο Βοσκός

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2009, 05:36

μια πιο καλή φώτο δεν έχεις να βάλεις; What a Face
Back to top Go down
Genirous
Genirous

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2009, 06:40

Θα μας μάθεις τίποτα...;
Back to top Go down
snowkite
snowkite

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2009, 09:30

me magali mou xara pedia xerete pou tha vrethoume kai fetos an kai me vlepo kai oligon falakro haha
Back to top Go down
snowkite
snowkite

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2009, 00:20

Back to top Go down
snowkite
snowkite

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2009, 00:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6-nd-IFdu8

giati to lift pleon ine paliooooooo
Back to top Go down
evans46
evans46

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2009, 09:33

auto simferei Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE Affraid
Back to top Go down
snowkite
snowkite

PostSubject: Από το γαλλικό περιοδικό aerial   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20 2009, 23:17

Snowkite in Greece
Text and photos: Bertrand Boone Translation: Barbra Boone

February 2009: “We are going kiting to Greece with Fabio.” “You are lucky man, but isn't the water too cold at this period?” “No, I'm going there for snowkite!” “There are mountains in Greece, and snow too?” “Hey of course and there are even ski resorts!

Everything began some weeks earlier, when during a discussion FaceBook my friend Fabio Ingrosso contacts a Greek snow kiter; he explains us that there is a lot of snow this winter in his country and that there are great kite points to discover.
In February they organize a gathering of " carving "; it is snowboard with which we make curves by bending as much as possible,like in the " Vitelli turn ". They invite us to take advantage of the event to come to them and make a demonstration of snow kite; OK,let's go foxes!
So we headed Thessalonica; the second port city from Greece situated in the North of the country,on the Macedonia area, next to the Salonique gulf. Our contact Vasilis waits for us when our plane landed and we immediately set off for Kaimaktsalan ;two hours by car. Arrived at destination, we get acquainted with another from our hosts: Argyris.
The welcome is extremely hearty and this first day ends at the restaurant with a Greek meal made of salad, meats, cheese and local wine; we are four eating but there is food for ten!! Full up, we get back to our comfortable hotel, impatient to be on the next day for taking action.

In the morning, rendez-vous at breakfast with our friends, then loading of the car and ready to drive.15 minutes later we are at the bottom of the Kaimaktsalan slopes; a ski resort located at 2050m of height with 5 ski lifts allowing to reach 2480m altitude. The place seems to be first-class, without any tree and sloping just as it should!Smile
It is under the radiant sun and a perfect snow that we are riding all day long with 20-25 (kts) nautical miles per hour of regular wind. Vasilis is wholeheartedly with his Ozone sail and Fabio is wild with joy testing his North prototype. After a great cession we get together at Argylis SnowBar, little restaurant on the top of the mountain , which will be our H.Q for the week.

Next day the weather forecast changed, it snows. In view of the conditions, we decide not to get on the kite point and take advantage of the day to visit the village where we sleep; the latter is in progress of restoration and the old stony houses in ruin are little by little restored to accommodate tourists .The atmosphere is peaceful there in this middle of the week.
Once again we meet at the restaurant for another feast; Fabio begins to worry about his weight; because he wants to stay slim! Vasilis tells us that there is very few snow kiters in Greece,maybe about ten in all, the majority being in this area.

The third day will be pure happiness! It snowed 30cm powder, the snow flies over the road .Fabio takes out his 9m2 Vegas sail and there we go for a magic day non stop kitting!Smile
We get down below the ski resort and discover a wonderful place fattening with powder.
Vasilis, Fabio and I are kiting in a well sustained wind from about 25kts until we can't feel our legs any more. At the end of the day Fabio decides to kite back up to the resort,which represents 4 km front wind and slope. Vasilis and I, having a less surface of sail, taking option for Argyris's snowmobile. Vasilis grinning from ear to ear swans us having lived its most beautiful snow kite cession. It is true that it was really good and for tomorrow the meteorological forecasts are the same, with a wind which should again strengthen! So let's go to bed to be in a good shape.

.We woke up early in the morning and heard that the access road to the ski resort is closed for the day because of the wind; it is so stormy! This day without kiting seems so endless... Fortunately in the evening a big party is foreseen with typically Greek meal and traditional musicians. The wine is flowing and we get acquainted with really nice people The party will end late in the night.
On Saturday morning, super nice day; the road is clear. It is the weekend and there is quite a lot of people for the carving gathering . After some snow kite demonstration, Fabio and I decide to kite at the top of the domain. The wind is not too strong but it blows about the 15 knots, slightly downhill.
In half an hour we whip in the highest point from the ski resort . The view is great; a small chapel completely covered with ice is just perfect for an unusual shooting. The sight is grandiose; in the distance we catch a glimpse of the Mt Voras and its 2524m; third summit of Greece. After a good cession, we return to the resort where Fabio is providing the show in front of dumbfounded tourists.

On Sunday it is the last day. It snows without a break; no wind, thus no kite. But it doesn't much matter, we are spending the day in the SnowBar for an anthological drink with all our Greek friends; we magnificently celebrate our departure! Then, back to Thessalonica to take our plane . We promise ourselves to come back there as soon as possible . The welcome was really extraordinary and all our Greek friends treated us as princes. It is with a little heavy heart but with magnificent full memories that we warmly thanks Vasilis, Argyris and all the others …
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE   Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Και τι άλλο εκτός από SNOWKITEEEE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
snowguide :: σπορ extreme,sport extreme,snowguide-
Jump to: